16 Jun Meat Broth, Chicken
Posted at 14:26h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
Meat broth is especially nutrient dense. Providing an easy-to-digest source of key vitamins and minerals. It’s especially good if you or someone you love is not feeling the best, lacking an appetite. Sipping on this warm broth is comforting. Benefits include:
- Amino acids like glycine and arginine that can support the gut.
- Soothing the gut lining and promoting healing.
- Improving joint health due to its collagen.
- Promoting restful sleep due to its glycine content.
- High protein source.
- One Whole Baking Chicken
- 4-5 Cups Water (just about cover chicken).
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 2 Large Whole Carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-4 Cloves Garlic Peeled
- 1 TSP Himalayan Salt and Pepper
Optional Seasonings (pick any combo that work together for you):
- Italian parsley
- Carefully add meat, vegetables, salt, and any seasonings you wish into a large stove top pot or crock pot.
- Heat on low for at least 12 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken. Pick it off the bones to use in another dish at a later time.
- Strain the veggies out from the broth using a strainer placing the broth into mason jars. Keep it in the refrigerator or freeze leftovers.
- You may choose to use the veggies in a soup by pureeing or simply toss them out.
As always, I use organic ingredients whenever possible.